What we know about the victims of the Uvalde school shooting

Trending 1 month ago 8
  8:50 PM Jose Flores, 10
jose-flores.jpg Jose Flores Christopher Salazar

Jose Flores was killed connected Tuesday, his aunt, Lydia Salazar Torrez, told CBS News. His uncle, Christopher Salazar, wrote a touching Facebook tribute to the 10-year-old.

"I'm going to miss you babe Jose, one inactive can't judge this happened my bosom is breached conscionable proceeding them archer america your gone it hurts maine I emotion you truthful overmuch and I privation you were inactive here. I'm going to miss you soo overmuch remainder successful paradise my beauteous angel"

In different post, Salazar wrote: "I emotion you and I miss you."

8:48 PM Tess Marie Mata
tess-marie-mata.jpg Tess Marie Mata Faith Mata

Faith, Tess Marie Mata's sister, told CBS News the kid was among those killed successful the shooting. She besides shared a Facebook station astir her sister's death.

"My saccharine babe sister, I would've ne'er thought I would beryllium typing thing similar this. I honestly person nary words conscionable sadness, confusion, and anger. I'm bittersweet due to the fact that we volition ne'er get to tag squad connected ma and dada again and archer each different however overmuch we mean to each other, I'm confused due to the fact that however tin thing similar this hap to my sweet, caring, and beauteous sister, and I'm aggravated due to the fact that a coward took you from us. Sissy I miss you truthful much, I conscionable privation to clasp you and archer you however beauteous you are, I privation to instrumentality you extracurricular and signifier softball, I privation to spell connected 1 past household vacation, I privation to perceive your contagious laugh, and I privation you to perceive maine archer you however overmuch I emotion you. Tessy mom, dad, and I won't beryllium the aforesaid without you but we are comforted knowing you are waiting for america up successful eden and person a spot for us. We person 1 sassy guardian angel that I cognize is going to support our family. Till we conscionable again Tess Marie, emotion your Big Sister"

8:46 PM Irma Garcia
irma-garcia.png Irma Garcia Robb Elementary School website

Irma Garcia's nephew, John Martinez, shared that she "did not marque it" successful a tweet connected Tuesday.

"My tia did not marque it, she sacrificed herself protecting the kids successful her classroom, one beg of you to support my household including each of her household successful y'all's prayers , IRMA GARCIA IS HER NAME and she died a HERO. she was loved by galore and volition genuinely beryllium missed."

Garcia was a woman and had 4 children of her own, according to a GoFundMe page. She worked arsenic a 4th people teacher astatine Robb Elementary School and was "Sweet, kind, loving. Fun with the top personality."

"She sacrificed herself protecting the kids successful her classroom. She was a hero," the GoFundMe said.

4:52 PM / May 25, 2022 Nevaeh Bravo
nevaeh-bravo1-fb-emily-grace-ayala.jpg Nevaeh Brav

Nevaeh Brav's uncle told CBS News the young miss was killed. Earlier Tuesday, a relative posted connected Facebook that their household was looking for her successful the aftermath of the shooting.

4:50 PM / May 25, 2022 Jayce Carmelo Luevanos, 10
jayce-carmelo-luevanos1-fb-veronica-luevanos.png Jayce Carmelo Luevanos

A household subordinate told CBS News Jayce Carmelo Luevanos was killed.

4:41 PM / May 25, 2022 Jackie Cazares
jackie-cazares.jpg Jackie Cazares, 10. Jacinto Cazares Facebook

Jacinto Cazares, who identified himself arsenic Jackie Cazares' father, said his girl died successful the shooting.

"We're devastated successful ways, I anticipation nary 1 ever goes thru," helium wrote successful a Facebook post. "Taken retired of arms and lives, successful this freaking cowardly way, truthful young, truthful innocent,  afloat of beingness and love. It hurts america to our souls. We convey everyone from the bottommost of our hearts, for you love, support  and prayers. My babygirl volition ever beryllium with america and those she has touched. May your passing not beryllium successful vein, thing volition beryllium done, I promised you. Be successful portion with the remainder of the angels, sweetheart. Daddy, Mom,Sister, Brother and the full household are going to miss you forever. Baby miss we each emotion you with each our hearts. Rest successful peace, my Babygirl."

4:25 PM / May 25, 2022 Jailah Nicole Silguero, 10
jailah-nicole-silguero.jpg Jailah Nicole Silguero, 10 Veronica Luevanos

A household subordinate told CBS News that Jailah Nicole Silguero died successful the shooting. She didn't privation to spell to schoolhouse Tuesday, believing thing atrocious would happen, her mom, Veronica Luevanos, told Univision, according to the AP. One of Silguero's cousins was killed.

4:18 PM / May 25, 2022 Alexandria "Lexi" Aniyah Rubio
lexi-rubio1-fb-kimberly-mata-rubio.jpg

Lexi Rubi's grandma confirmed to CBS News that she died successful Tuesday's shooting.  In a Facebook post, Kimberly Mata-Rubio remembered her daughter, saying her household had been with her astatine the schoolhouse conscionable hours earlier she was killed.

"My beautiful, smart, Alexandria Aniyah Rubio was recognized contiguous for All-A grant roll," her station read. "She besides received the bully national award. We told her we loved her and would prime her up aft school. We had nary thought this was goodbye."

3:13 PM / May 25, 2022 Layla Salazar, 10

Vincent Salazar said his 10-year-old daughter, Layla, was among those killed.

Layla loved to aquatics and creation to videos connected TikTok, her begetter told the AP. An avid runner, she won six races astatine the school's tract day, and Salazar proudly posted a photograph of Layla showing disconnected 2 of her ribbons connected Facebook.

3:13 PM / May 25, 2022 Eliahna Garcia, 10
Texas School Shooting Victims Photo provided by Siria Arizmendi shows her niece, Eliahna Garci­a, 10. Siria Arizmendi / AP

Eliahna Garcia's household learned Tuesday the 10-year-old was among the victims, her aunt, Siria Arizmemdi, told the AP.

"She was precise blessed and precise outgoing," said Arizmendi, a fifth-grade teacher astatine Flores Elementary School successful the aforesaid schoolhouse district. "She loved to creation and play sports. She was large into family, enjoyed being with the family."

3:07 PM / May 25, 2022 Amerie Jo Garza, 10
amerie-jo-garz.png Amerie Jo Garza Angel Garza Facebook

Angel Garza's stepdaughter Amerie was conscionable 2 weeks past her 10th day erstwhile helium dropped her disconnected astatine schoolhouse for what turned retired to beryllium the past time.

"She was the sweetest thing. She's truthful creative. She conscionable got an grant for being the astir creative," Garza told CBS News.

She was changeable and killed successful her fourth-grade classroom.

Her parents aren't definite what to archer her 3-year-old member Zayne. "Every greeting helium wakes up, helium asks for his sister," Garza said.

"I don't cognize what to do, man. She didn't merit that. I conscionable privation to support my small girl."

Garza's father, Alfred Garza III, wrote astir her decease successful a Facebook post, saying, "My 1 and lone baby. I'm going to miss you dearly Amerie. You did NOT merit this, nor did the different children. I would bash thing to person you back. Fly precocious my Amerie Jo and archer grandma we miss her. Visit maine successful my dreams anytime."

3:07 PM / May 25, 2022 Rogelio Torres, 10
rogelio-torres.jpg Rogelio Torres KHOU

Rogelio Torres' begetter Frederico confirmed to CBS affiliate KHOU connected Wednesday that the 10-year-old was 1 of the children killed successful the shooting.

3:06 PM / May 25, 2022 Xavier Lopez, 10
xavier-lopez.jpg Xavier Lopez Laura Mejia Facebook

Xavier Lopez had been looking guardant to a summertime of swimming, according to his relative Lisa Garza, who confirmed his decease to the Associated Press.

"He was conscionable a loving 10-year-old small boy, conscionable enjoying life, not knowing that this calamity was going to hap today," Garza, 54, said. "He was precise bubbly, loved to creation with his brothers, his mom. This has conscionable taken a toll connected each of us."

3:06 PM / May 25, 2022 Annabell Rodriguez, 10
annabelle2-handout-jesse-rodriguez.jpg Annabell Guadalupe Rodriguez

Annabell Rodriguez was a 3rd grader astatine Robb Elementary, her household told CBS affiliate KHOU. She was successful the aforesaid country arsenic her cousin, who was killed but has not been publically identified.

3:05 PM / May 25, 2022 Uziyah Garcia, 8
Texas School Shooting Victims This March 2022 photograph provided by Manny Renfro shows his grandson, Uziyah Garcia. Manny Renfro / AP

Uziyah Garcia died connected Tuesday, his household told CBS News. Nikki Cross, his aunt, said successful a Facebook station connected the time of the shooting that his household was looking for him.

Garcia was described by his gramps Manny Renfro arsenic a astute lad with a fantastic memory, according to the Associated Press.

"The sweetest small lad that I've ever known," Renfro said. "I'm not conscionable saying that due to the fact that helium was my grandkid."

3:04 PM / May 25, 2022 Eva Mireles, 44
image-from-ios-6.jpg Eva Mireles Lydia Martinez Delgado

Eva Mireles was a 4th people teacher astatine Robb Elementary School and was 1 of the archetypal victims identified by household and police. She was described by those who knew her arsenic a loving woman and mother, the Associated Press reports.

According to her teacher profile, she was an pedagogue for 17 years and loved moving and hiking.

"She was adventurous," comparative Amber Ybarra told the AP, confirming her death. "I would decidedly accidental those fantastic things astir her. She is decidedly going to beryllium precise missed."

In a connection to CBS News, her aunt called it a "very bittersweet time successful the Uvalde community" and called for "expanded weapon rules."

"let this beryllium the past assemblage affected by this and let's lobby unneurotic for the weapon laws," Lydia Martinez Delgado said.

A idiosyncratic who identified herself arsenic Mireles' girl Adalynn wrote a heartfelt station connected Twitter, saying, "My bosom volition everlastingly beryllium broken."

My saccharine mommy , I volition miss you forever. 🤍🕊 pic.twitter.com/SIxKrgX6Xi

— Adalynn ✞💛 (@addy_celeste) May 25, 2022